Sunday 17 January 2010

Public Response: Newspaper

I wanted to know what the public reaction would be to my newspaper and I tharefore decided to test it on the public. I showed 10 boys and girls all between the ages of 13-17, which is the target age group of my newspaper and asked them what they thought about my newspaper. I asked them five questions each; here are their responses.

It is important to point out that the girls and boys who I asked are different to those who I asked in my questionaire.

Question 1: Would You Buy the Newspaper?
Yes: Girls (6) Boys (4)
No: Girls (2) Boys (3)
Maybe: Girls (2) Boys (3)

Question 2: Would You Read The Articles (Stories) In Real Life?
Yes: Girls (8) Boys (6)
No: Girls (2) Boys (2)
Maybe:Girls (0) Boys (2)

Question 3: Would You Tell Your Friend To Buy It?
Yes: Girls (6) Boys (4)
No: Girls (2) Boys (3)
Maybe: Girls (2) Boys (3)

Question 4: Is It Easy To Read?
Yes: Girls (9) Boys (8)
No: Girls (1) Boys (0)
Don't Know:Girls (0) Boys (2)

Question 5: Do You Think You Could Make Improvements?
Yes: Girls (3) Boys (2)
No: Girls (6) Boys (6)
Don't Know: Girls (1) Boys (2)

Results: The results of my newspaper show me that my newpaper is effective with my target audience. Many girls commented that they liked the stories and would read them and said that it was good as it was something that they could use and talk to friends about. Some of the boys said that they liked it but would not pay for it. Some of the boys said that they propbably wouldn't tell their friends to buy it as it may not be 'cool'. Both the boys and the girls did agree though that the articles were clear to read; with most of them agreeing that they would read the articles in real life too.

No comments:

Post a Comment