Wednesday 16 December 2009

Poster Progression

During the making of my poster I have had to make many changes; mostly due to the pictures. As I have gone on I have taken on different ideas and ideologies. Whilst looking at other posters I was able to get a better insight into how they promote their products. Some like Briney Spears Circus' Tour was promoting not just her tour but her image as people were going to see her. Others like McDonalds wifi campaign was promoting a new feature in its stores to promote the brand as a whole.
In my first poster I had one image which I cut around in Photoshop. I then added a title, a slogan and the website with information about the paper to the side. This was my orignal poster, but the design, layout and picture were not necessarily in tone with my diverse range of readers. Firstly I had only one person when really I needed a group to show diversity with boys and girls to show that it was for everyone.
Draft Poster:

I then changed this although I did have to go back on numerous occasions to get the right picture. At first I got a group picture but it was two girls. This would not appeal to half of my core audience which were boys. After finally getting a right picture I was able to finish my poster.
Finished Poster:

Pictures are important in posters as they capture what the poster is about and highlight what the promoter is trying to achieve. The use of teens in my poster is important as it is who my poster is aimed at.

Here are the other draft pictures which show the development of my Poster:
Picture 1:


Picture 2:

Picture 3:Picture 4:

No comments:

Post a Comment