Thursday 3 December 2009

Newspaper Development: Front Page

Here I will show the development of the front page of my newspaper it will show the improvements, challenges and everything that I have included.
Page 1:
I started off by creating my masthead. I added the date, website and price information to the page. I added gutter lines to seperate the masthead from the main heading and the side bar. I created the side bar as I wanted seperate news to be featured at the side of the paper. I also created my headline in accordance with my target audience; as I thought it would be a topic teens would be intrested in as it affects them.

Page 2:

After this I had to decide which topics I would include in my side bar. I decided on news, showbiz, local and fashion. I also included a sub heading and a line underneath it in order to divide it between the story.
Page 3:

At the top of the page I added a competition; I tried to make it in accordance with my core audience of teenagers. Originally I thought that I would give away an iphone but then decided on downloads. I also added the story headlines to my different headings. I also included page numbers.
Page 4:

I took the pictures for my newspaper. I added a boarder to the pictures as this is a convention that many other newspapers use.
Page 5:


Finally I included the article to my newspaper. Originally the type of writing was much bigger. I made the first paragraph of the page a different colour as whilst looking at other newspapers they often make the first paragraph bolder than the rest of the article. I added a conotation to my picture and I made a sub heading at the bottom of the page

No comments:

Post a Comment