Friday 4 December 2009

Development of Poster Pictures

I started off my poster by tacking pictures of one girl. I thought that this would show how my paper is aimed at teenagers.




I then decided that my poster would look better if there was more than one person on the cover; giving it more of a group feel.

After this I became aware to the fact that I did not have any boys on the front page and that by not having any boys I was shutting out a core audience of my local newspaper. I then decided to change plans and re take the pictures and re-start my poster again.

Finally I got a group picture that resembles what my local newspaper is aimed at. A selection of teenage boys and girls all between the ages of 13 and 15. Although my newspaper is aimed at older teens as well I think the poster will work well as it is aimed at school teens and resembles the sort of age group my paper is structured towards.

1 comment:

  1. Clearly you are making the right decisions here, Perry, and well done to you for following advice. However, the last image of the mixed group could also potentially alienate peopple because of the distinctive school uniform - you need to take a photo with your students/audience/potential reader in 'civvies' which will reflect different groups.

    ReplyDelete