Tuesday 1 December 2009

Article Drafts

There are many issues that affect teenagers. I want to include some of these - for example crime and gangs. Here are the articles that I wish to include:

Gang Violence:
Many teenagers are affected by violence in their lives weather that be at school or at home and most people see violence on the street. I think that a story of this nature will not only interest people but will also shock them and make them want to do something about it.
Although my article will look at gang violence I want to also include the rising use of drugs and the use of teens. I think it is a story that can link in with each other and can shock people.
Draft:
'Teen violence is rising to a level that has never been seen before. New shocking statistics sow that the UK has the higest level of teenage crime than anywhere else in the world. So who is to blame? Parents. Schools. Government or are teens to blame themselves.
Gangs that we have spoke to have argued that violence is natural and they only carry weapons to defend themselves. Experts and Psychologists argue that this isnt the case and innocent people are being targeted and killed to.'
Teenage Preagnancy:
This is a story which gets lots of press because it is a taboo and that it is not right for children to be having children. Many see teen preagnancy as a new shocking case of a declining Britain; but what about the teenagers themselves. I want to inclde an article like this as I think that it is necessary to show teenagers the reality of having children at a young age.
Draft:
'At 16 leigh Harriss should be in school studying her GCSE's. nstead she is preparing for her first child; Leigh says "I don't care what people say about me. I'm 16 and I should be allowed to do what a normal teenager does." ... "Whatever the case, Leigh says; "I have a life too. I will love my child and my mum will help me care for it but i'm a child too."
Technology:
9/10 children now own a mobile, have access to a computer and have an mp3 player. Due to this I think that it is necessary to include a story about technology. I already wanted to include a story about the 'cool' mobiles (iPhone v Blackberry). I think that a lot of teenagers would be intersted in this article as it is something that they want. Lots of teens idolose the way that celebrities have these gadgets. Not only this but they want the newest technology that is available to them and they want to see what new features they include.
Draft:
'The celebrity obsession and media craze with th iPhone and Blackberry, has escalated into a war! Here we will be looking into both to try and find out which is better. The Pod or the Berry!!'
Abuse:
I thought it would be a good story to include because if people cant identify with the person then it will still shock them. Many people who are abused do not speak out so to write a story from one persons perspective shows the dilema's of what a person faces. Although it is a hard story to deal with I hope the story will encourage others to deal with abuse and the problems which they face. The story will be in first person; higlighting their own emotions to what happened to them.
Draft:
'I was 16 when I was first beaten I didnt know how to react. Immediatly after he apologised to me and said "It will never happen again." ... The beatings were freaquent. Everytime they became rougher. My wounds began to get worse and worse. I started to detest myself. I was weak.'

No comments:

Post a Comment