Friday 23 October 2009

Migrane Model & My Newspaper

The Migrane model helped me with the development of my newspaper, helping me break down different institutions.

M - MEDIA
I - INSTITUTION
G - GENRE
R - REPRESENTATION
A - AUDIENCE
I - IDEOLOGY
N - NARRATIVE


The Migrain model was useful as I was able to break down different newspapers and was therefore able to look at their aims and objectives.
Media; looks at the font, layout e.t.c. It is important as it is everything what the paper is made from.
Institution; looks at who produces the paper and the company behind it.
Genre; this is the type of paper and the type of stories it runs. For example; entertainment, horoscopes, local news.
Representation; looks at the age, gender of the audience, who the paper is represented towards.
Audience;the adience is what type of group the paper is aimed at. For exaple my newspaper is aimed at 13-17 year olds.
Ideology; looks at what the newspaper is aiming towards their target. For example my ideology in my newspaper is local and teen news.
Narrative; the narrative is the type of stories; all the different narratives (stories) on the page. The narrative is important as it determines the type of newspaper as different types of story aim at different people.

No comments:

Post a Comment