Friday 3 April 2009

Public Response Of Magazine

I gave my target audience my magazine draft beforhand. I gave them my contents, front page and double page spread. I asked 10 girls between my chosen age group of 13-19 what they thought of my front page, contents and double page spread. I recieved both positive and some negative feedback from my audience. Here is some of my feedback:



Front Page:
  • One girl said that she liked the pictures but she would have liked to have seen pictures of more celebrities.
  • Nearly all the girls said they liked the colour scheme although one did say that she thought it was too bright and that she would have preferred a plane background instead.
  • A couple of the girls said that they would have liked to see more headings on the page on what was included in the magazine.
  • All the girls said they thought that the picture was not properly positioned and should be bigger than what it was. They said that most magazines feature a large picture not a medium size picture.

After I looked back at my first design I decided to make a couple of changes. Although I did not agree with all of the opinions which my audience said; I did agree with some. Here are the before and after designs:


I enlarged the picture so that my magazine looked more like the ones that are on sale now. I also moved my headline to the bottom but kept my title at the top. I removed some of the text due to the fact that I enlarged the picture and it looked a little messy.



Contents Page:

  • Most of the girls said they liked the design and layot of the contents page and that it had something to say about each point so they could go and read what it was about first and not just read the title.
  • All the girls said that they liked the background colour and that it went well together.
  • Most of the girls said that it could have had more pictures on it.
  • They said that they liked the style and the summer theme and that it went together well.
  • The girls agreed that they liked what titles the contents page had on it. They said that they would definatly read them and that they would expect to find those articles in a real magazine.



As I liked the design of my contents page I decided not to change it. Nearly all of the girls that I asked said that they liked it and that it included lots of different articles that they would read. One girl said that it was definatly something that she would buy if their was a magazine like this on sale now.

Double Page Spread:

  • Most of the girls noticed that I did not include page number on the double pages.
  • The girls said that they liked the background and that it all went together very well and that it is something that they expected to see in a magazine.
  • Most of the girls agreed that the writing was too big the first time round and that it shortened the interview.
  • The firls agreed that they thought the two sets of pictures were a good idea and that it made the interview seem believeable.
  • One girl said that she liked that there was information seperatly and that you could win tickets. She said that it was good as many magazines do this.
I added page numbers and I also made the writing smaller and I added another photo. I also framed the photos. Other than that I thought that everything else worked well.

No comments:

Post a Comment